From the Beeb: Hi-tech centre brings abbey alive.
Holograms, a virtual reality tour and 3-D goggles are being used to bring a 14th Century abbey back to life.
They are part of a new “interpretation centre” designed to explain in an interactive way what life was like at Valle Crucis Abbey, near Llangollen.
Visitors can take a virtual reality tour of the abbey in its heyday, with an animated monk as a guide. [continue]
Now off to Youtube, where Pastscapian, has posted these videos:
- Monk in Valle Crucis Abbey 3D Animation (Camera 1)
- Monk in Valle Crucis Abbey 3D Animation (Camera 2)
- Valle Crucis Abbey 3D Animation Fly by
- Valle Crucis Abbey – llangollen.com
- Valle Crucis Abbey – Wikipedia
- Valle Crucis Abbey – wales.gov.uk